Now that it’s officially Fall, I think it’s time we transition into some cozy meals for those chilly evenings. As college students, some of us have a minimal use of ingredients and resources to make our meals in our dorm rooms or apartments. You know when you’re staring at your box of cereal and you just want a hot meal? Well, look no further, this microwave cornbread recipe is just what you need to add to your bowl of chili!
For this recipe all you’ll need is a microwave, a bowl, a spoon and some simple ingredients.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, egg, milk, and vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Put in microwave on high for about 3 minutes. To test of it is done, check with a toothpick so it comes out clean.
- Pop ’em out a while they’re warm with some butter along with your choice of chili and indulge!
For the chili, choose your favorite chili and heat it up over the stove or in a bowl in the microwave. My favorite canned chili is the vegetarian chili from Trader Joe’s. They also have a beef chili with beans that is a good one to try.
Welcome in Fall with a warm bowl of chili and some delicious cornbread made right from your microwave!