When you’re a college student you don’t have much to work with in a dorm when you want to cook a meal. That’s why I’ve picked my top two favorite microwave mug recipes to share with you. They’re simple and easy. All you need is a mug and a microwave; something that is a staple in a college dorms. Enjoy!
Microwave MacnCheese in a Mug
1/3 cup pasta
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Combine the pasta and water in a large mug.
2. Microwave for three minutes, then stir. The water might overflow when its cooking, but don’t worry about that!
3. Repeat this for about 4 more minutes, stirring at each 2-minute interval. The water should absorb completely and the pasta will be cooked through. Check the pasta if it needs another minute or two to cook fully.
4. Remove your mug from the microwave and stir in the milk and cheese. Microwave for another minute.
Microwave mug Brownies
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 tbs water
1 drop of vanilla extract
3 tbs of granulated sugar
2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbs all-purpose flour
- In your mug combine water, oil and vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder and mix
- Add sugar and mix well
- Add flour and mic well
- Microwave for about 1 minute. The center should be slightly molten
- Check your brownie to see if it’s done by sticking a toothpick in the middle and seeing if it comes out clean.
- Enjoy with spoon with some ice cream or whip cream on top! Enjoy!