Peppermint Hot Chocolate
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3 drops peppermint oil
Sweetened whipped cream
- Combine cream, milk, sugar and salt in a saucepan at put stove on medium-low heat
- Add the chopped bittersweet chocolate to the mixture once the cream starts to steam
- Stir until chocolate is melted
- Drop peppermint oil and stir
- Pour hot chocolate into a mug and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings
Salted Caramel Mocha
1 fluid ounce espresso or 3⁄4 cup coffee
1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons caramel sauce (see recipe below)
1 -2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 pinch sea salt
1⁄2 cup milk
1 -2 tablespoons whipped cream
- Prepare coffee.
- Place caramel sauce, cocoa powder and sea salt in a mug.
- Pour coffee into mug, stirring to combine everything.
- Heat milk in microwave and add to mug.
- Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and a tiny pinch of sea salt.
1 cup (8 oz) hazelnut coffee or decaf, I use Green Mountain Hazelnut K-cup or brew your favorite hazelnut coffee
½ cup fat-free milk
1 tablespoon Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup or Starbucks Sugar Free Syrup
2 tablespoons light whipped cream, from a can
1 teaspoon Hershey’s Double Chocolate Sundae Syrup or your favorite fat-free chocolate syrup
1. Brew coffee. I used a K-Cup but you can brew a cup of hazelnut in your coffee maker.
2. In a saucepan, whisk together milk and vanilla syrup over medium heat, stirring until steaming. Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy. If you don’t have a blender, don’t worry about it. Just whisk the mixture continuously with a wire whisk until foamy.
3. Pour into a large mug. Add the hot coffee on top. Top with 2 tablespoons light whipped cream and drizzle 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup on top.